A visit to Palestine Museum of Natural History (Area A)
July, 02, 2016
(scroll down to watch the photos of the tour)
De-Colonizer organised a visit for Israelis to the Palestine Museum of Natural History in Bethlehem. The museum's director and founder Professor Mazin Qumsiyeh will introduce this fascinating work done at the museum. As political activists we usually tend to look only on the injustices under the Israeli occupation in their numerous forms but are not used to look at the impacts of colonialism on the nature, and see the great work done by many Palestinians as part of the resistance too, even though not « direct » one, in its traditional sense. We forget that in harsh conditions, knowledge can also be produced in creative ways.
Program ( all the event will be held in English ):
* 9:30 / Leaving Tel Aviv
* 11:00 / Arrival to the Museum
* 11:00 - 11:30 / Short introduction of the hosts and the guests, opening comments by Prof. Mazin Qumsiyeh and Eitan Bronstein
* 11:30 - 12:30 / Guided tour at the Museum
* 12:30 - 13:30 / Lunch
* 13:30 - 14:00 / A lecture by Prof. Mazin Qumsiyeh on "Risks to Nature Under the Israeli Colonialism"
* 14:00 - 14:30 / Open discussion and closure